My First blog entry!

I've been loving a bit of blogging for a while now, and twitter more recently, so decided to jump on the band wagon. "Get on that bandwagon" I thought. And here I am!
Last night I had half a slab of Hotel Chocolat. Rocky Road and it was delicious! An early birthday present, I'm still thinking about it... Thanks Suse : )... Anyway
At the minute i'm loving reading about and enjoying the painting of British romantic landscape painter JMW Turner. It was around about a week ago I looked outside and said "It looks like a JMW Turner painting outside" and instantly realised that I love his work!
I particularly enjoy his paintings of 19th Century Boats and ships, they remind me of Ernest Hemingway's 'Old man and the Sea'. Classic!
I recently watched Tony Palmer's film Bird on a Wire, which followed Leonard Cohen's 1972 tour of Europe. It was fascinating from start to end, and a must see for all Cohen fans and anyone interested in music. I did not think it was possible to be any more in awe of Cohen's ability as well as his personality, but he really is a pleasure to watch; a humble, kind,graceful, lovely man, full of humility and compassion for everyone around him. And I am thankful for the misfortune he received when his manager fled Canada with all of his money leaving him bankrupt, as it was this that caused his 2008 tour, and one of the best nights of my life - Sunday 3rd of August, 2008. Thank you Leonard!
Good day, and Good luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment