Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Happy (belated) New Year!

Happy New Year All!

I drove past a man today, by the Coventry airport roundabout, with a cardboard sign with "Please Help, I need work" wrote in a black marker. He must've been at least 60. Very depressing scene. I hope he finds what he's looking for. Perhaps he was doing it as a kind of analogy of our consumerist culture in which material possessions are valued higher than the individual. This is what lead to the May '68 riots in France. Maybe that's a little far-fetched that it could happen here, The French generally mock our lack of revolutionary tendencies, and our monarchy. Perhaps they're right. I'd get right behind a post-Thatcherite revolution of rationale, logic, and a return to collectivism. Whatever.

At the minute I am LOVING Bob Dylan's Witmark Demos (Bootleg series 9). It's got many unheard Dylan songs, and early versions of classics, which are all incredible. Here's a song off of it, it's the only one I could find, but they're all great;

No comments:

Post a Comment